.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Monday, October 01, 2007

Yesterday's 11am Service brought to mind one of my biggest fears - that when God restores this church, bringing us to an entirely new level of closeness to Him, the youths won't even notice.

It's quite scary. I can't speak for the 8am Service since I'm usually with the youths, but spend time at both the 11am Service and Youth Service, and the difference in atmosphere becomes glaringly obvious. In one there is the sense of liberation and freedom, while in the other a sense of repression permeates the room. Am I the only one surprised that the singing and music at the 11am Service is louder, both in heart and volume? Where is the joy and the fire? Somebody commented that it's become routine, and I find myself agreeing.

What have we been doing all this while? It's a horrible feeling to see a problem and have your hands tied. Maybe it's just human nature to dwell in old mindsets, refusing to consider new possibilities.

Don't pass us by, Lord.

posted by NEB at 9:58 AM