.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tears welled in my eyes as I opened the box and beheld the beauty before my eyes. Black from head to toe, gun metal finishes, with touches of what looks like carbon fibre here and there, it actually looks a little ah beng. I don't deny it - I ordered this baby because she's gorgeous. Oh fine, I'll stop being so shallow. Deep down inside, she's got character too. And raw power. Apparently the shops don't bother keeping stock for it until some nerd like me comes along and orders one. Which explains why I had to wait an agonising 24 hours before collecting her.

It also means that I'm gonna be flat broke for the next few months, but hey. I just survived 3 months with a barely functioning laptop. I'll live. God has been gracious - This afternoon the salesperson called to tell me that I could collect the laptop (yay!) and that for some unexplained reason, the price had dropped by $300 (BIGGER YAY!)

No prizes for guessing what was the first program I downloaded off the web. They really should just bundle MSN with Vista.

The 2nd thing I want to blog about is POTS 3 (Are we really gonna use this naming convention? So we'll see POTS 276 in years to come?). For me this was a far cry from the first POTS simply because this time I could pray with confidence and authority. I no longer had to deal with doubts about whether I was really meant to be up there ministering to the people, and I went up knowing that God would lead me and teach me, even if I had absolutely no idea what to say. And if something came, I could share it more confidently without worrying so much about whether I was right or wrong. After all, like Benny Ho and Steven Seow both said on so many occasions, "wrong then wrong lor". If I really got it wrong at least I'll learn from that and be able to discern even better in future. Either way I need to practice.

Oh and I think Wendy shared well. Like *somebody* commented, she preach machiam supermodel like that. But it really was a drastic improvement compared to the 1st time she shared her testimony some time back, hiding behind her paper and all. But who am I to laugh? I, who once trembled so much that I couldn't hold my list of announcements without fanning the congregation in front of me.

Methinks I have a new name to add to my list of potential preachers at the Youth Service.

Speaking of which. September's gonna be an exciting month for the youths, what with Glenn Lim and then the Truthmin Training Team coming over to share.

My name is Ben, and I typed this post on my spankin' new laptop. Doh. Gotta stop making geeky jokes.

posted by NEB at 1:33 AM