.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Monday, July 02, 2007

I have absolutely no idea how to do the family news at the main services. I do know however, that with 400 pairs of eyes staring at me my hands will be trembling so much you'd think I was trying to fly or something. Will I even be able to hold to mike properly? Maybe I should request to use PEW's personal wireless.

I feel like I'm being sent on a suicide mission. Actually, I fear not so much the fact that I'm going to look like a complete idiot on the platform, but that the important messages I'm supposed to bring across to the congregation won't get through because of my personal flaws. Especially for the updates on our redevelopment. I'm supposed to remind the congregation that the redevelopment is really about our future and that the new building is simply a means to that end, but who knows what I'll say when my mind goes blank this Sunday? Hey, it rhymed.

Anyway. It was I who agreed to do it. As much as I dislike speaking in front of any congregation, be it youth, 8am or 11am, it's something I have to learn to do, as I journey on the path of fulltime ministry. There are times when my sense of duty annoys me to no end.

posted by NEB at 2:27 PM