.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Monday, May 21, 2007

Surprise, surprise, I can still blog with my half dead lappie. I still can't get into Windows normally, but by booting it in 'Safe Mode' I kinda manage to get some form of functionality back with the lappie. It's horrible though. I can't look at the screen for more than 5 mins cos the colors are seriously messed up, the screen resolution is microscopic, and I have no sound. I'm still in the process of discovering what I can and cannot do. I obviously can't play games on my lappie, which defeats the original intention for buying such a high end computer in the first place. I can't watch movies. My email can still be accessed, but I'm taking no chances and have started backing up my emails once a day. I can probably use MSN, but I'm not trying cos I'd end up burning my eyes by staring at this crazy screen for too long. I'm not even looking at my screen as I type all this.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, my laptop crashed at 4am on Friday. Don't ask why I was up at 4am. It doesn't matter. The point is that it's a terrible blow to me, considering how busy I am and will be till after the campaign. I really have to either get this fixed or find a substitute workstation this week. The good thing is that I managed to boot the lappie in safe mode and save all my key data, so it's not that bad a loss as compared to the drowned Acer laptop.

Which brings to mind a very saddening thought - in the span of 2 months, 2 laptops have died under my care. Watch out folks - serial laptop killer on the loose.

I actually wanted to make a post, sorta like a disclaimer, cos to those who don't know me that well, one of my earlier posts make me seem overly obsessed with "playing well" during worship, but since the worship today's over, it's kind of a non-issue by now.

Today was crazy. I was flying around everywhere. For one thing, I overslept, and reached church at 8.30am. And within the span of 25 mins, I had to brief Winston on the announcements to make, brief the greeters about distributing the newsletter, host today's guest speaker and make him feel at home, tune up my guitar, and practice that crazy solo that drove me stark mad. Cut to after the service. We ended late, and there I was again chatting with the speaker (I can't just say bye and dismiss him right?), collecting the leftover newsletters, and rushing back to the Worship Hall for sound checks. I didn't even have time to pee, let alone drink the Horlicks Liang so kindly bought for me. Serving with Liang means that you'll usually never go hungry or thirsty in the morning by the way.

Anyway. I'm not really comfortable with how busy I was today. I hardly even had time to talk to the youths after the service. I probably should look into delegating certain duties to the other leaders.

Tommorrow is going to be a long day of calling Dell tech support. You know I should just dump this laptop and buy meself a new one. Like the pink Sony Vaio.

posted by NEB at 12:02 AM