.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Thursday, December 07, 2006

So, in a really strange twist of events, my major spoke to me today, and offered to give me as many offs as I needed until I ORDed. Apparently they don't like the idea of me coming to camp everyday to do nothing but sleep, which technically isn't true considering the outstanding tasks I have (maybe I really should wayang abit more in front of the officers), but that's not the point. I'm actually at a loss as to what to do.

I told him upfront that I was declining the offer. As much as I love the free offs, I didn't feel good being awarded those offs for nothing. I guess it just felt wierd. My friends saved all their leaves and offs so they could clear it all in one go at the end, slogging at work while I "enjoyed" my leaves way before everybody else. And now I get free offs out of nowhere, enabling me to clear my leave along with them. I know I would feel a little cheated if our roles were reversed.

But anyway. All that isn't stopping me from feeling really stupid for rejecting the offer. And the lieutenants actually recorded the offs for me all the same, saying that I can take use those offs ANYTIME I wanted. In other words, it's like a blank cheque that allows me to come to work as and when I please. And it's really tempting.

I mean to be fair, I only have about 6 days of actual work left since I'll be taking my actual leave for the Youth Camp and I'll also be going to Nee Soon Camp for some stuff anyway. And of the 6 work days I'm definitely coming back for 2 of them so it just leaves me with 4 days of extra offs.

You know, a thought just came to mind - should I even be blogging about this? I don't want to get my officers into trouble, especially after such a generous gesture. It's really easy for the army to pick up stuff like this and they've been clamping down on such blogs recently. Seriously even I am not sure what can be posted online and what can't.

Anyway. I'm seriously reconsidering my decision now. I mean I know that in God's eyes, it doesn't matter if I take the offs ornot, since they are legally awarded, albeit for no particular reason. It really just boils down to whether ornot I feel my friends would mind if I did. And I guess it's not that big an issue since of the 8 of us, there's only 1 or 2 of them whom I'm close to. I probably won't be seeing the rest of them anytime after I ORD, so in a sense I could care less about what they'll think.

I'll probably wait till morning to decide. Being rash and impulsive, I'll probably wake up, feel lazy to go to work and end up msging my lieutenant to tell him that I'm taking the offs.

Amazing how much I can type over something so trivial.

posted by NEB at 1:53 AM