.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Saturday, December 16, 2006

And so I was surprisingly busier than I ever was at the past few camps despite not being on the camp comm this year. It's really sad - I was so busy I never got to use my fisheye or my polaroid throughout the camp. But doing the videography was still kinda cool, though half the time I was off helping with the logistics or playing for worship.

That Judgement Day station is probably the coolest idea I've seen in months. When Clarice told me about it in the lorry I was like "you want me to do WHAT?", and the thought of having to do some things I decline to mention to the poor BS leaders kinda made me really apprehensive. And from what I heard, the BS leaders weren't exactly looking forward to it after hearing some of the possible punishments. But wow. If done properly people would really get a new perspective on what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Anyhow. In the end we didn't use the full measure of penalties. We just stuck to the less extreme ones like push-ups or cracking eggs on their heads. Which is actually really gross. Do the math. We took 4 groups, and cracked about 3-4 eggs each time. My hand never smelled so bad before. Cleaning up the toilet wasn't particularly fun either (No wait. Spraying around with the firehose was WAY COOL.) The whole place smelled like bad eggs and there was wax and egg white stuck to the floor. Eeeeew.

I think the message still struck home (I hope. Otherwise all the efforts of the BS leaders would have gone to waste) though. As we debriefed the teams I was actually relieved to see moved faces rather than outraged ones so it was all good. And apparently Wee Koh and I look very scary when we're expressionless. THAT'S THE POINT FOLKS! Ever seen a judge smile and laugh as he hands out a sentence? Ok maybe a sadistic one. Aren't you glad that Wee Koh and I are such nice guys? I mean we didn't even bring out the chillis, much less the more harsher punishments.

Oasis was really fun. A pity about the rain, but I guess God had other plans. I was quite encouraged to see alot of the campers stepping out of their comfort zones. Really, it was everybody rallying together to pray, to decorate and set up the place, and to scramble to carry the instruments back under shelter when the rain made a return trip.

Quite a deja vu like feeling. Gathering to pray against impending rain. Mobilising guys to quickly move back instruments under shelter. It was like the Attitude camp all over again. Only this time, God decided to have Oasis indoors.

Anyway. On a different note, the 19th of Dec is next week. In 4 days. FOUR DAYS. Four days more and I'm no longer a soldier (who used to play games in the office). Four more days and I no longer have to embark on epic odysseys travelling between camp and home. Four more days and I won't have to endure crappy cookhouse food. Four more days and...you get the point.

You know. It's actually kinda scary now. It's that moving on to the next phase of life thing. Funny how you spend two years waiting for this day to arrive, only to dread leaving all this at the end. It's gonna be really strange to wake up in the morning and actually see sunlight through my window.

posted by NEB at 12:23 AM