.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Sunday, November 05, 2006



Am I the only drummer who can appreciate such a simple setup?

I guess at the end of the day I want to be able to say that yes, I have honored God. Whether it's a season of abundance or a season of trial, I have faithfully clung to Him and have done what is right in His sight.

I didn't do that today. I broke a promise I made to Him awhile back. And knowing that sucks.

Playing for service in a few hours. Tonight more than ever I need to worship Him and soak in His love and grace. Surrender. Easier said than done.

Oh and in answer to all the questions about my plans after I ORD in Dec:
1) Yes I do want to further my studies. Not at the local unis since my GPA isn't something I'm proud of. Likely a private degree, and there is one that I'm particularly interested in. It's only a question of when because
2) My uncle offered to recommend me for a job in Singapore Technologies. See? It pays to have friends in high places. Going this route would mean working for a year or two before I can study again, but it looks more and more attractive, considering how I intend to pay for my own studies from here on, rather than feed off my parents for reasons I decline to elaborate.

The only snag is that even with my uncle's position he can only take me so far. My resume will be a tad empty since in my teenage years (which weren't too long ago) I was too lazy and spoilt to go work during the hols. And my grades in poly aren't exactly great either due to simple arrogance. Had the mentality that since I could pass with Cs and Ds without studying, surely when I put in effort at the finals I'd get my As. Except that the studying part never came about. Kids, don't try this at home. Study more, play less. But more important honor God. Wish I was closer to God during my school days.

Actually one consolation I have (though it really is quite mean) is that I know quite alot of poly peeps who despite being near geniuses can't get into the 4 (soon to be 5) local unis either. So maybe I didn't miss out on much either. But I'm just comforting myself.

So. I'm still stuck between studying for a degree in Digital Systems Security at SIM (geek course. doh!) or working over at Singapore Technologies.

The DSS course is kinda scary actually. I mean looking at the syllabus it's something that should take me quite far but it's awarded by the University of Wollongong. Say what? Yes. Wollongong, Australia. I never even heard of it until when I started looking around, and it only appears in some rankings of the unis worldwide.

Anyway.

posted by NEB at 12:31 AM