.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Monday, October 30, 2006

As far as boring duties go, yesterday's was the undisputed champion. NOTHING eventful happened at all. No alarms, no jokers trying to take pictures of the camp from outside and no power failures. TV was boring. The duty officer and sergeant weren't very talkative (but then again neither am I). And The book I brought was so obscene I couldn't bear to read it any further (First and last time I'm reading anything by Clive Barker). The only thing that saved me from going mad was sleep. That, and the fact that the duty officer wasn't of the crazy "on the ball" sort. I was sleeping with my legs on the table and he couldn't care less. Even brought me bananas from the cookhouse.

And so I literally slept away my Saturday. Not very fun actually. It was a whole chain of broken sleep. Doze away, suddenly wake, wipe off any drool where necessary (no I'm kidding) and then doze off again. And I actually dreamt each time. Think I had more dreams then I'd ever dream in a week. 3 of them had me on MSN, which is probably my brain's way of telling me it needed an internet connection. Now.

The freakiest dream (can I even call it a dream?) I had was actually in the evening when I decided to sleep on one of the beds. For some reason I decided to get up and walk around the Ops Room, and so I turned towards the door, got off the bed, opened my eyes.... only to find myself lying in bed, facing the door. Oooo-kay. So I did it again. Got up, opened my eyes, and lo and behold, I was still lying in bed, facing the door. And I kid you not, this went on a couple of times.

Anyway. I was so happy to see Sunday's clerk come in early. I quickly dumped the keys and logbooks onto him, washed up and actually made it 5 mins before the Youth Service started. Hurray for taxis and chatty taxi drivers.

posted by NEB at 1:21 AM