.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Friday, June 16, 2006

Church camp snuck up on me. I was so busy the past few weeks that I didn't notice the 16th of June till it almost hit me smack in the face. I've spent the whole day making calls (the airline actually classifies the cymbals as sharp objects and won't allow me to carry it onboard. bah.) and packing my stuff for the church camp cum mission trip. I've realised how horribly black my wardrobe is. I had to hunt high and low for clothes cool enough (read: anything but black) for the boiling Thai weather. Note to self - buy more colorful clothes.

The winner for having the most baggage at the camp will most likely belong to me. Besides my clothes and toiletries and other essentials, I'm bringing over a camcorder, a lomo cam and a polaroid cam. Add the cymbals that I'm bringing over and I may well overshoot the weight limit airlines place on checked in baggage.

Bringing my friend's 10 year old polaroid for a little test drive in Thailand. It's not the SX-70, and it's huge (as in dinosaur huge), but that's not the point. I want to see if I should forget the Holga and just get a polaroid. Polaroid film is EXTREMELY expensive though. Each shot I take will set me back 2 bucks, and if I go around with the lomo mentality of just shooting from the hip, I'm gonna be broke in 2 weeks.

Keep praying for us the missions team, folks! We'll need as much prayer as we can get. Stuff we'll be doing:

1) Teach English to kids (Luckily it's English and not Mandarin)
2) Paint a church in one of the villages
3) Dig a pond in another village (Why does this keep reminding me of trench digging in Tekong?)

More importantly, we're there to proclaim God's dominion over Thailand. Being up at the frontlines plundering hell is something satan obviously doesn't want us to do, and he's gonna throw everything he's got at us so keep supporting us in prayer yeah?

Be back on the 24th. Bah. 9 days without an internet connection.

posted by NEB at 2:21 AM