.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Sunday, April 23, 2006

So just the other day I was dragged along with my captain to demonstrate one of our games to the 2nd head honcho over at the Straits Times. I kinda like the offices in the SPH building. The entire Straits Times is housed in one level (2 levels if u count the reallhy high ceilings), and everybody's desks are all over the place. Think of the new National Library, and replace the bookshelves with cluttered desks.

It's actually alot tamer than I expected. I mean you'd expect the sports section to be filled with balls flying around and TVs blasting sports coverage. Or the money section to be filled with monitors showing the latest stock indexes. But it's all pretty quiet. If not for the framed up newpapers dating back to the age of dinosaurs, you'd think that this was some web development office.

The demo was pretty stressful. I'm supposed to showcase the game, and avoid showing any of the bugs. If it was anybody else I probably could smoke my way through and make the game look like the greatest game ever made. But this guy we were demo-ing to happened to be an avid gamer, and he's bound to notice things like how the graphics are like crap. Or that the explosions look like little furry orange balloons.

I'm still curious to see how the article's gonna go. Catch the Sunday Times tommorow.

posted by NEB at 12:50 AM