.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I think the opportunity to play in the Easter musical came at the right time. It's been a while since I had so much fun playing. It was very encouraging to see the congregation get moved by His Spirit. One of the most discouraging things that can set back a worship minister is to see the bored faces of the congregation. I tell you, sometimes you can be so passionate as you play, but just a random glance at somebody who doesn't seem interested in meeting your God - it's enough to shake you. I myself faced that countless times, and each time I had to remind myself to worship God all the same, and let Him work in His way.

John, the guitarist was just awesome. His skills surpass all of ours, but it's his humility that strikes me the most. He doesn't flaunt his talents at every corner. And he doesn't go to the other extreme and belittle his talent by hiding his skills. I mean he's not afraid to play some crazy lick when the situation calls for one. And I think he's a very good model we worship ministers should aspire to be like - to be creative artists both filled with the Spirit, as well as skilled with their craft.

My phone's dying. After just one year. This is like one of the worst times for a phone to spoil. My choices are pretty limited since MINDEF disallows camera phones and I'm ORD-ing in a few months. Kind of a waste to buy some low end phone now only to buy another phone when I'm out of the army. If only the cool phones didn't come with cameras.

posted by NEB at 12:45 AM