.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Monday, March 06, 2006

So I went down to church to practice for tommorrow's songs, only to find that the sanctuary drum kit is missing a snare drum. Can you say doh? I couldn't touch the worship hall either since the BB Alumni was using it for some function. And so I couldn't practice at all (believe me - I tried, and it's impossible to play those songs without the snare). Needless to say I was really nervous on my way home because I'm simply not confident about playing the fast songs for tommorrow. And since the sound check is at 6.45am, I won't have any time for personal practice either. Panic time.

But God is good. While I was taking a bath (I actually spend alot of time in the bathroom thinking) He brought the words of the very familiar Zec 4:6 to mind. Indeed it is not by might, nor by power but by God's Spirit that I shall serve tommorrow. Having practices and rehearsals are not a bad thing. In fact they really help with the technicalities. But I think we all have to learn that there is only so much that human effort can do. Sometimes, the Spirit may even lead us to do something not practiced beforehand. After all, God is a spontaenous God, and I guess it's far more important that we are led by His Spirit as we serve onstage.

And so tommorrow I will go with confidence that God will see me through. I won't have to play anything really complicated or impressive. All I have to do is just play and let the Spirit flow.

posted by NEB at 10:42 PM