.down. at His feet.

back to good ol' black.

.about

he answers to ben, neb and oei.

he knows what God has called him to do - whether he thinks it's crazy is another story.

he loves music and attempts to create it when the mood strikes.

he just got too lazy to complete this paragraph.

.past



.credits

Design based on Serene Ng’s Orient
Picture: DeviantArt

Sunday, December 25, 2005

One dilemma I've faced for the past few Christmases was whether ornot to bring a bag to the candlelight service. If you bring a bag and nobody gives you any prezzies then you end up looking like an idiot. If you don't bring a bag and get alot of prezzies you end up walking around like a Christmas tree. Anyhow this year the problem was solved when I got asked to replace David as the drummer. I don't like carrying bags when I'm wearing shirts so I went to church empty handed this time.

Anyway. I actually feel very bad. Alot of people gave me stuff but I really didn't have the money to buy much for peeps this year. Mainly cos I gave my family presents that were alot more expensive this year compared to the previous years.

I love the drumsticks - as far as I can figure they're from Cindy and Allan but I'm not sure if anybody else had a hand (pun not intended) in buying them. So after months I've finally got a pair of sticks to call my own. After that purple pair I got last year I kinda stopped buying sticks for myself. I honestly can't tell the difference between most sticks to choose one for myself. My only requirement is to have a small light head. Talk to me about wood type, length or neck size and I'd just stare at you blankly.

That and I never considered myself good enough to warrant having my own personal pair of sticks (left that purple pair with all the other sticks in church). But that's just me. I'm actually pretty harsh on myself when it comes to my drumming. Well.

The most unexpected gift award goes to the CD from Pastor Raymond (actually Reverend Raymond to be precise - Congrats!). It wasn't even one of those generic presents kinda thing - it actually had my name written on the wrapper. And he came all the way to the drums to pass it to me. Quite a pleasent surprise. Thanks pastor!!

Mystery gift: This is embarrassing but I forgot who gave me the Parachute Band CD. Whoever you are, thanks! For the uninitiated, Parachute Band is another Christian rock group that you should listen to. First saw them at the Hillsong conference last year though they got overshadowed by another invited band (hint: I! Will! Run! To You!).

Anyway. Thanks everyone for all the sweets, cards and all. I feel really bad this time (yes I know I'm repeating myself) cos I didnt get stuff for most people. Low budget lar. Next year I'll try and get you all something cool =)

No it won't be pens again.

posted by NEB at 12:20 AM